The Penolo REST API currently supports a limited number of read-only features: getting sketches by tag, by person, all sketches, or details for a specific sketch. Sketch results are paginated and returned in XML or JSON.
The base URL for API requests is http://api.penolo.com, which you pass your request to using the same URL format you'll see on the main site. For example, on the Penolo site you can see all sketches drawn by @zambonini at http://penolo.com/person/zambonini - the equivalent API URL for XML results is http://api.penolo.com/person/zambonini.
Example requests include:
- http://api.penolo.com/sketches/2 - All sketches, second page.
- http://api.penolo.com/tag/culture - Sketches tagged with culture, first page.
- http://api.penolo.com/person/zambonini - Sketches drawn by @zambonini, first page.
- http://api.penolo.com/rrxs - Data for the sketch found at http://penolo.com/rrxs.
Note that lists of sketches (all, by tag, or by person) are returned with the most recent first.
To return JSON data instead of XML, simply put /json/ at the start of the URL, after the domain name, for example:
- http://api.penolo.com/json/sketches/2 - All sketches, second page, JSON format.
- http://api.penolo.com/json/person/zambonini - Sketches drawn by @zambonini, first page, JSON format.